No date? No problem! Valentine's Day is about more than just dates - it's also about your relationship with yourself, self love baby! Plan out your day showing yourself a little extra love with these 9 simple practices!
Practice Meditation & Manifestation
Self love is a mindset. Kickstart your Valentine's Day (and every day!) with a quick 10 minute mediation. Find a quiet, cozy spot and just be still or find a meditation online to follow. This mindfulness allows your mind to be still without racing and creates a more positive tone for the day. Follow the meditation with some mindful manifestation for your intentions for the week, month or year ahead. Think about your goals or positive changes you could make in your life and write them down. Truly believe in your goals and manifest them into your life by looking at this list every morning - the Universe has your back!
Try a New Recipe
Whether it's a healthy lunch or that dessert you pinned on Pinterest - grab that recipe and hit the kitchen! Nourishing your body with food is a form of self-care.
Go for a Walk and Listen to a Podcast
A little fresh air and sunshine gives you some mood-boosting exercise while also allowing you to safely be outdoors and calm your mind. Being out in nature packs some serious mental health benefits and boosts endorphins. Be sure to also take this time for yourself, whether that means turning on your favorite playlist or listening to a new podcast to educate yourself on a topic you love.
Do a Yoga Flow
Like a walk, yoga is a great mental health booster while also getting in some healthy exercise. There's endless free yoga videos on Youtube that you can find for everything from a core workout to stress relief. As yogis here at Conscious Coconut, we can assure you this one is a must on your Valentine's Day to-do list!
Create an At-Home Spa Day
Skip the expensive spa day and create a rejuvenating experience right from the comfort of your home!
- Mix up a DIY Face mask with 1 tbsp Conscious Coconut Oil, 1 tbsp of honey, and 1 tbsp greek yogurt. This combo works to boost elasticity and hydration.
- Draw a warm bath with your favorite essential oils or bath bombs and 1 tbsp of Conscious Coconut Oil to hydrate skin and calm the mind.
- Follow with the essential self love ritual of Dry Brushing! The combination of exfoliating, massaging, and rejuvenating the top layer of your skin with a dry brush will help increase circulation, boost lymphatic drainage, all while sloughing dead skin cells and helping to make your skin look more radiant
- Follow with applying Conscious Coconut Oil head-to-toe to hydrate skin and repair any damage including scars, cellulite, and more!
- Do a Coconut Oil Hair Mask to strengthen hair and promote shine. Dampen hair, apply coconut oil from root to tip and wrap hair up in the Quick Dry Hair Towel. Let it sit for 2 hours (or overnight) and rinse out after with shampoo to reveal healthy, luscious locks!
Make a List of 5 Things you Love about Yourself
Often times, we're pretty hard on ourselves. We live in a society that portrays 'the perfect' way to look, act, etc which is so not real! Sit down and write at least 5 things you love about yourself today. Whether it's a physical trait like your hair or an ability like the way you can finish work like a boss - write everything that comes to mind down as a self-love reminder. You are amazing - and you need to know that too!
Take a Break from Social Media
Social media is a highlight reel - so it's easy to be hard on yourself when you're scrolling through your friends best days. Take a break from social media for the day so you can focus on yourself - we promise you won't miss out on anything!
Buy Yourself Flowers
If quarantine taught us anything - it's that tie dye sets and plants are just the essentials. Buy yourself a bunch of flowers or a new plant to love! Self love is just like taking care of a plant - the more you show the love and nurture it - the more it grows!
Cozy up and Do Something You Love
After a day of self love - cozy up in your favorite comfy clothes and do something you love! Whether it's a Netflix binge or painting - nourishing your interests is self love. We live in a constant state of rushing and busyness that often times we find ourselves never making time for our interests or downtime. Today is the day to start back up on making time for things you love and live your life!