Coconut Oil Uses for Moms & Babies
As Mother’s Day approaches, you might be scrambling to figure out what to get that special woman in your life. If this is you, we’ve made things easy - go with the gift of organic coconut oil! Coconut oil is a great versatile product for a mother’s self-care routine and works wonders for mamas of all ages (including their babies too!).
Our coconut oil is never exposed to any harsh or toxic chemicals in the production process. This ensures that it retains its powerful antibacterial, antifungal, and antimicrobial properties which are highly beneficial for both internal and external wellness. Another reason why Conscious Coconut Oil is *extra* baby-friendly!
Coconut Oil for Moms & Moms-to-be
- At-Home Spa: Give mom an easy & affordable at-home spa essential! The Home Bath Bundle ensures that she can look and feel her best. Dry brushing is like a juice cleanse for your skin - the combination of exfoliating, massaging, and rejuvenating the top layer of your skin with a dry brush will help increase circulation, boost lymphatic drainage, all while sloughing dead skin cells and helping to make her skin look and feel more radiant. Use Code BUNDLEFORMOM to receive 15% off your Home Bath Bundle order!
- Youthful Glow: Vitamin E is coconut oil’s best kept secret that has tons of antioxidants known to keep skin ageless and reduce the darkness of age spots. Coconut oil works by reducing stress on the liver and lowering oxidative stress. To naturally slow aging, apply it directly to skin to maximize benefits and smoothing.
- Sore Nipples: CoCo will be your sidekick throughout your experience as a new (or pro!) breastfeeding mama. Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer that will help to prevent dry nipples and will allow your nipples to heal while keeping them safe from infection. CoCo is also safe for babies, so there's no need to wash it off before the next feed.
- Stretch Marks: Thanks to its healing, repairing, and moisturizing properties, coconut oil is an effective solution for reducing the appearance of stretch marks. Simply rub CoCo onto your body two to three times daily in those places that stretch marks sneak up on and watch them fade!
Coconut Oil for Babies
There are several different coconut oil uses for your little one:
- Diaper Rash: CoCo’s antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and antimicrobial properties make it a perfect natural replacement for store-bought diaper ointments. Apply about 1 teaspoon directly to the affected area of your baby’s bottom and spread evenly. You can put on a fresh diaper as usual!
- Teething Pain Reliever: Teething time can be tough for the little ones. Rub a small amount of CoCo directly onto the gums of those teethers to ease the pain. They’ll even love the taste too!
- Baby Eczema & Acne: Just as you use coconut oil for your dry skin, you can use it on babies too! Coconut oil is rich in lauric acid, a healthy fatty acid that is also in breast milk. CoCo’s lauric acid helps to soothe the skin, reduce irritation and itching, and lower the risk of infection.