Raw Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake
Photo & Recipe by Nutrition Stripped
Ingredients for Filling:
1½ cans organic pumpkin puree (15 oz. cans)
2 cups raw cashews
1½ cups maple syrup
2 tablespoons Conscious Coconut Oil
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (blend)
Pinch of sea salt
Ingredients for Crust:
1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
1 cup raw almonds, ground
1 cup raw walnuts, ground
½ cup hazelnuts, ground
½ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Pinch of sea salt
Directions for Crust
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or high speed blender until combined. The desired texture is a chunky and sticky “dough”. You should be able to squeeze the dough in your fingertips and it create a firm crust.
- In a spring form tart pan (I used 12in.), pour the crust mixture into the bottom and spread evenly.
- Firmly press and crust into and around the sides of the tart pan until a thick bottom layer has been created.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours.
- While you’re waiting for the crust to harden, start making the filling.
Directions for Filling
- Combine all ingredients into a high speed blender starting with the cashews first, then adding in remaining ingredients. A high speed blender will be the best option as this mixture is very thick and creamy.
- Set mixture aside in a small mixing bowl in the fridge.
- When your crust is done chilling, pour the filling mixture into the tart pan using a spatula to evenly spread the filling mixture.
- Freeze the whole pie for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
- When you’re ready to serve, thaw at room temperature for about 30 minutes or until the pumpkin pie filling is thick, creamy, and cool- it should not be frozen.
- This will keep very well in the freezer if you have leftovers.
- Garnish with Coconut Whipped Cream (recipe on my blog).
- Top with fresh cinnamon and nuts of your choice.
Grain Free Carrot Cake
Recipe by Wellness Mama
½ cup raisins or dates
½ cup coconut milk
½ cup warm water
1 cup pumpkin puree or applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup coconut flour
2 Tablespoons of cinnamon
½ tsp each of nutmeg, cloves and sea salt
1 teaspoon each of baking soda and baking powder
1 cup crushed pineapple
¾ cup Conscious Coconut Oil
2 cups grated carrots
½ cup shredded coconut
¼ cup honey (optional)
Extra Organic coconut milk or pineapple juice to thin if needed
1 package of cream cheese
¼ cup Earth Balance butter
¼ cup honey or stevia to taste
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the raisins/dates, coconut milk and warm water and blend until smooth. This will create a sweet liquid base for the batter.
- Add a dozen eggs and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Add pumpkin puree or applesauce and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl and add coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, sea salt, baking powder and baking soda and mix well until well incorporated.
- Add coconut oil and mix well.
- By hand, stir in grated carrot, shredded coconut and crushed pineapple and honey if using. (Can also wait and drizzle honey on top after baking if using)
- Add extra coconut milk or pineapple juice if needed to thin. It should be spreadable but not liquid and pourable.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish with butter or coconut oil and spread batter in.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-90 minutes, until middle is set and no longer soft. - --- Coconut flour takes a while to bake, so be patient. You might also need to reduce heat and cook longer, depending on your oven.
- When done baking, remove and let cool.
- Mix icing ingredients and spread over cake just before serving.