Christmas Cookie Recipe with Coconut Oil: Butterless Cookies!
The holidays are here and it’s time to cozy up with the family and bake some cookies! There are so many ways you can incorporate coconut oil when you bake, and this is just one of them. For this recipe we are going to use coconut oil (our favorite healthy fat!) in place of butter.
Coconut oil gives the cookies body and delicious flavor. Usually coconut oil is solid at room temperature so all you have to do is put it in the microwave to melt it. It’s super easy and you’ll be able to bake these for your upcoming Christmas or New Years party - your friends and family will be thanking you!
- 1 ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup regular sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup liquid Coconut Oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine liquid Coconut Oil, vanilla, eggs, sugar, and brown sugar
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda
- Add in the chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Scoop dough and place them on a baking sheet about 1 inch away from each other
- Bake for 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned
- Let cool and enjoy!
It’s a win from us if we can bake cookies without butter! The coconut oil gives them a fabulous depth of flavor and also has great benefits like speeding up your metabolism, blood sugar control, and making you feel full longer. Along with that, coconut oil helps to increase good cholesterol levels, and protect your skin and hair so why wouldn’t you want to bake cookies with coconut oil?!