Healthy Matcha Holiday Cookie Recipe with Coconut Oil
Today is National Cookie Day and we're celebrating with sharing this delicious Matcha Stuffed Chocolate Cookies recipe for the holidays! Not only is it delicious, but also boosts some nutritious benefits thanks to our favorite superfood ingredient, coconut oil!
1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 3 hours
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup coconut milk
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 1/2 teaspoons matcha powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup coconut sugar
2/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup soft dates, soaked and drained
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4-1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Start by making the matcha filling – Drain the soaked cashews from the soaking water and place with the rest of the filling ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and place in the fridge to firm up, at least 1 hour.
- To make the cookies, place the sugar, oil, dates, vanilla and flax meal in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Pour over the date mixture and fold to combine, adding the chocolate chips in the final strokes.
- Scoop out 50g of cookie dough, and flatter in the palm of your hand. Place about 1 tablespoon of the matcha filling in the centre. Close up the cookie dough around the fllling to form a ball. Place the dough balls in the freezer to firm up about 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Place the cooled and firm cookies on the baking sheet spacing them about 2 inches apart (they will spread!). Bake for 15 minutes until the cookies just start to crack.
- These cookies are quite soft, so cool completely before transferring to a wire rack. Now don’t forget a matcha latte with them!