Outdoor Uses for Coconut Oil This Memorial Day
Who’s ready to hit the beach or pool this Memorial Day weekend? We are all ready to get our tan on and soak up some sun!
No more packing an endless list of beauty products if you are heading out of town because we are going to change your life in this article. Whether you are staycationing at home or heading somewhere warm for a beach vacay (social distancing of course!) coconut oil is going to be your BFF for the weekend.
Here is a list of outdoor uses for coconut oil that you can use for Memorial Day weekend and throughout the upcoming summer season:
- Tanning Oil: Applying coconut oil to your skin daily will help to strengthen the surface and make it more resilient and less prone to sunburns. It also helps restore your skin’s pH levels, leaving your skin smooth. Soft and glowing? Yes, please.
- Lip Balm: Ditch your store-bought lip balm and opt for an all-natural way to hydrate your pout. CoCo contains plenty of moisture that will prevent dryness and make your lips soft, smooth, and kissable.
- Chafing: Soothe stubborn chafing by rubbing CoCo on areas of high friction on your body (like underarms or inner thighs). Coconut oil’s natural moisture and nutrients help to repair irritated skin and ease burning sensations. Toss a Travel-Ready Coconut Oil Packet into your backpack while hiking to soothe the burn!
- Insect Repellent: Mix coconut oil with peppermint oil extract and rub it over exposed skin to keep insects off. You won’t have to worry about harsh chemicals in this au-naturale bug spray. Plus, it’s kid-friendly!
- BBQ Cleaner: ‘Tis the season for BBQ! Rub coconut oil onto your grill and let that sit for an hour. Then wipe clean with a rag you don’t mind getting dirty. Coconut oil naturally helps to wipe away grime and dirt without the use of toxic cleaners.
- Burns, Scratches, and Blisters: Coconut oil is great for burns, scratches, and blisters because of its antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. Next time you have a cut or scrape, try putting a tsp of coconut oil onto a band-aid and let the healing happen!
- Cooking: When you are making your scrambled eggs, toast, and sausage for brunch, use coconut oil instead of butter/cooking spray! It helps to boost your metabolism and will help to keep you feeling full longer.