Spring Wellness Plan with Coconut Oil
Since spring is now in full swing, it’s time to get ready for the warmer months of the year. I don’t know about you, but here at Conscious Coconut, our favorite seasons are spring and summer! In addition to getting your skin hydrated for spring, it’s important to use coconut oil in your wellness plan too.
Here is a list of our favorite ways to incorporate coconut oil in your wellness routine this spring:
- Blend it Into Your Smoothies + Coffee: Since coconut oil is composed of healthy fats (hello MCT oil!), you will feel fuller for longer when you incorporate it into your morning coffee or smoothies. Here is a smoothie recipe for you to try:
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, vanilla flavored
- 5 ice cubes
- 1 tbsp Conscious Coconut Oil
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- Optional: Top with honey and granola
- Try a Coconut Oil Bath: You’ve probably heard of bath bombs before but what about DIY bath oil? Run a hot bath and add in a tablespoon of coconut oil and your favorite essential oil. Your body will be soothed, and your bath will be smelling oh so good!
- As an After-Sun Moisturizer: The sun is finally shining more and most of us are going to hit the beach or pool. Use coconut oil as an after-sun moisturizer. It naturally hydrates the skin and also has anti-inflammatory properties if you do get sunburned.
- Start Oil Pulling: It’s time to get your smile ready for spring! Check out our blog post explaining how to oil pull with coconut oil. It’s an ancient Ayurvedic practice that helps to cleanse, whiten, and brighten your smile. :)
- Use it While Baking or Sautéing: Don’t forget you can use coconut oil when you are baking or sautéing food (our favorite is with vegetables!). It’s a great alternative for butter or vegetable oil in your favorite dish. Along with that, it adds extra flavor that you can’t resist!
How do you plan to use coconut oil in your spring wellness plan this spring?