25 Clever Daily Uses for Coconut Oil That You May Have Not Thought About
Coconut oil has a unique combination of fatty acids that make it a game changer for your daily life. Everywhere you look it seems like people are using coconut oil for anything and everything. But what exactly can you use it for?
Coconut oil is a versatile tool for optimum health, wellness, and beauty. Not to mention, you can even use it when you’re cleaning the house! It’s a great multi-tasker because of its medium-chain triglycerides and vitamin E which contain antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties.
We’ve compiled a list of 25 different uses for coconut oil that you may have not thought about! Check these out:
- Acne Fighter: Since coconut oil is loaded with fatty acids, it has strong antimicrobial and antifungal properties, making it an amazing acne reducing remedy. Goodbye blemishes!
- After Shave
- Aging and Age Spots
- Bug Spray
- Earwax Remover: Embarrassed by earwax? Use a small drop of CoCo on the end of a Q-tip to soften your ear wax and gently remove it from your ear.
- Massage Oil
- Shaving Cream
- Stretch Marks
- Tanning Oil
- Tattoo Healer: During the healing phase post-tattoo, your skin is busy working its magic, repairing itself from thousands of tiny needle pricks. Coconut oil aids in this process by moisturizing the skin and protecting it from microbial infections.
- Cheekbone Highlighter
- Makeup Primer
- Breath Freshener
- Oil Pulling: This is the practice of swishing coconut oil in your mouth for a period of time to produce antimicrobial health benefits. Learn more about it here.
- After Sun Care
- Butter Replacement
- Coffee Creamer
- Dish Soap
- Furniture Polish: Give your furniture the shine it deserves. To make wood furniture really shine, put ¼ cup melted coconut oil in a reusable spray bottle, mix with water, and shake well.
If you’re itching for more, check out these summer recipes and outdoors uses for CoCo.